Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Inner Self

I'll be damned if I can figure out what exactly it is that I keep running from. I'm not in denial. Damn sure I'm not delusional. But for one reason or another, I feel embarrassed when truly truly expressing my self. Embarrassed at what? I haven't a clue. Lying to myself? Being laughed at? What a pathetic vice. Self-professedly blind to other people's judgment... so much for that.

All mediums, regardless of how proficient I am in any of them. Music? I hear orchestras and symphonies roaring in my head- but I sit there like an infant, clumsily unable to do any of it justice. Maybe I'm not that patient anymore.

I suppose writing is the one thing I'm not as embarrassed in doing though. I would really love to tackle poetry soon, but for one reason or another, I can't sit myself down to swallow this drink of "humiliation". Honestly, what are we so afraid of?

There's always room for growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment